Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's my money and I need it now!



While I appreciate Hughes Federal Credit Union keeping my information safe and secure; this bullshit of having to send a text every time I try to login online is getting old.  Especially since they send it to my husband, rather than to me.  Even using *my* login credentials, the one that I created, they still send the verification to my husband’s cell phone.  Which is not particularly convenient when my husband is not home, but even when he is home it’s annoying.  But in addition to being inconvenient and annoying, it’s also misogynistic as all get out.  Really, Hughes?  I need my husband’s authorization to access *my* account?  Like I’m a child?  My husband is a pretty great sport in he just immediately forwards the text to me but what if my husband was not available?  Or worse, an asshole?  What if he controlled every aspect of my life and, thanks to your practices, has your help in controlling my money?  

Let me give you a scenario:    I want to go to the grocery store so I go online to see how much money I have in my account.  I try to login and the credit union sends my husband the verification code needed (EVERY DAMN TIME) in order to access my account (even though I am using the same computer each time and the correct password).  In my real-life scenario, KC would simply send the information on.  But let’s say I’m Beaten Betty, this simple act of inquiring about how much money I have now becomes a major ordeal.  Do I face the husband’s wrath and have the information sent to him or do I make the drive to the credit union first, unload the kids, wait in line to get my balance and then go to the store?  Anyone who has had to wait in line with kids knows it’s an enormous pain; and now I’m having to do it twice (the credit union and then the store).  Meanwhile, my husband can do the same simple act in a matter of minutes.

Not cool, Hughes.  Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment